Friday, 21 March 2014

Divergent by Veronica Roth || Review

Hello everybody! I've always loved reading but for some strange reason I hadn't read any book since last  Easter (I know, almost a year). The other day I was watching some YouTube videos, as always, and the Divergent trailer came up. That's when I decided that I had to read it, some friends had told me how good it was before but I guess I was too lazy to buy it. Anyway, I got it for a very cheap price at Amazon (I think around £3,50) so I had no excuse.


I started reading the book on a Thursday afternoon and I finished it on Friday. So basically I read the whole book in less than 24hrs. That should tell how freaking amazing it is. 
The beginning of the book and the overall theme reminds me a bit of The Hunger Games as it is also set in the future and the society is divided in a similar way. So if you enjoyed reading THG you will probably love Divergent.  
The book starts when the main character, Beatrice, is 16 and has to take a test to see to which fraction (they are something like Districts in THG) she belongs and of course she gets a weird result and that's when all the problems begin. 

I don't want to say anything else as I know how annoying spoilers are but let me just tell you that once you start reading it it will swallow you and you won't do anything else but read until you finish it so don't read it if you have exams coming up. 
 
I have no doubt I will read the other two books in that trilogy (Insurgent and Allegiant) very soon, probably next week as right now I have a lot of work to do. 
If you want you can check the trailer of the movie here:



Have you read Divergent or any book in that trilogy? What did you think?


PS: Thank you so much for following/reading my blog, I recently hit 100 followers on bloglovin! yaaay! THAANKS! 

post signature
SHARE:
© RAWR BOWS.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig