Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Divergent || Movie Review

Hello everybody! A few weeks ago I did a review on the book Divergent by Veronica Roth (here), I loved the book so much I read it in less than 24 hours and read Insurgent and Allegiant in one day basically. Of course, I was looking forward to the movie, I mean, who doesn't fancy staring at the perfect face that Theo James has?

I have to say I watched the movie online, so the quality wasn't the best. Before you all kill me for not going to the cinema, I'll explain myself. I live in London during term time and in Spain when I don't have university. The movie came out on April, 4th in the UK and by that time I was already on Easter break and at home. I leave Spain on April, 25th and the movie comes out here on May and I was NOT going to wait a whole month to watch it because we all know Tumblr and Twitter are full of spoilers. 

Now, let's talk about the movie. Let me tell you something, I've watched the movie 7 times already and I don't usually watch movies more than twice. I just can't get enough.  I like the fact that the main character is a female and that she is not weak and people don't pity her, she becomes strong both physically and mentally and able to defend herself. She is independent.



The movie is a very good adaptation of the book, of course it's not an exact replica though as that is just not possible (even though I wouldn't mind at all if it was a 5 hours movie). There are some scenes that didn't make it into the movie that I thought were important but I guess the director knew what he was doing.

I personally think that the cast was perfect. Theo James looks a bit older than 18, I know, but let's be honest, who would want another actor to play Four once they've seen Theo, no-one. He does a very good actuation, going from being a complete asshole ("What makes you think you can talk to me?" Are you for real? Why can't she talk to you, you little piece of shit?) to being super adorable. Shailene Woodley is perfect for Tris, she's quite skinny and not very tall and she doesn't have that gorgeous 'i'm could be a top model' face (I'm not saying she's not pretty because she is, but it's a different kind of beauty). Her actuation I think was amazing, you can see she's got determination but at the same time she feels weak inside. Needless to say, Kate Winslet was perfect in the movie, but she always is.



Have you seen or read Divergent? What did you think of the movie?
post signature
SHARE:
© RAWR BOWS.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig