Sunday, 22 June 2014

The Fault In Our Stars aka How to Break Your Heart

Hello everybody! Yesterday a friend and I decided to go to the cinema to watch the very well-known movie that everybody (including me) is freaking about, yes, The Fault in Our Stars. I read the book last year and it quickly became one of my favourite books so I couldn't wait until the movie was out. 

I'm going to talk about the book first. I don't want to spoil anyone so I'm just going to say that it is about a girl with cancer who meets a guy who used to have cancer and they fall in love. However, it is not a typical normal Hollywood love story, it's much more than that and it's much deeper. If you have some free time this summer I totally recommend it, it's easy to read and not too long and I promise you will really enjoy it!

Moving onto the movie, I was very impressed. The book is so well-adapted, when you finish watching it you don't feel like there were some parts from the booksmissing, or at least I didn't feel like that and I always do. I was also very impressed with Ansel Elgort's performance, he nailed it, he IS Augustus Waters. Shailene Woodley was amazing as well but after seeing Divergent I was kind of expecting it so I wasn't so impressed. Overall, I think the cast was perfect and even though I thought it would be weird to see Shailene and Ansel as lovers after seeing them as brothers it wasn't at all. Lastly, I want to advice not to wear eye make up that day because you will cry, A LOT. 


So yeah, I would totally recommend both the movie and the book, in fact you MUST read the book and see the movie, there is no option. 

Have you seen the movie or read the book? What did you think?

post signature
SHARE:
© RAWR BOWS.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig