Friday, 12 September 2014

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK SS15

It's finally that time of the year, it's time for the New York Fashion Week. The week where New York dresses in Prada and designers show their new collections to the world. Even though it is indeed a bit weird to see the trend for SS15 when it still feels like summer, I can't help it but swoon over the Monique Lhuillier fairytale dresses, the hypnotic patterns seen at the Desigual fashion show or the Alexander Wang 'barcode' designs. 

It's hard to choose the best designs as all of the designer who display their collections at the NYFW are brilliant to say the least. For that reason, instead of choosing my favourite looks I chose my favourite collections of the NYFW SS15. 


Monique Lhuillier's collection for the upcoming summer and spring is, in one simple word: breathtaking. The dresses look like they were designed by Walt Disney himself and belong to a Disney princess.


The main reason why I watched the show in the first place was Kendall Jenner. At this point most of you may know that I love her style and I wanted to see her walk down the catwalk. The whole collection is so well done. All of the pieces have unique patterns that give the overall outfit a very classy and stylish touch. I also love how completely different patterns like flowers and squares are mixed and they look just great.



Stunning light-as-air dresses now have a name: Badgley Mischka. If Monique Lhuillier's dresses belonged to princesses, these belong to fairies. They look so thin and light they seem to be weightless and would be the chosen outfit to wear on a hot summer day. There are no words to describe how beautiful the collection is. It was my favourite collection of this NYFW and I envy anyone who can afford getting their hand on any of these dresses.




Last but not least, let's talk about Michael Kors'. It can be seen he went for white, pastels and bright colours with  a few exceptions like Candice's outfit which, in my opinion, is gorgeous. I am a big fan of white in summer, it looks great with a nice tan and some brown accessories - very classy. Even though I did like Michael Kors' collection I was a bit disappointed this year, I had very high expectations. 

I am still not sure but I might to a part 2 with some more collections that I really liked so if you would like to see that let me know in the comments!


What was your favourite collection?




post signature
SHARE:
© RAWR BOWS.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig