Tuesday, 17 March 2015

HEALTHY FOODS || GETTING READY FOR SUMMER

Hello! With summer every day closer and winter slowly but firmly going away everyone's trying to eat healthy and work out to look their best in summer. Eating healthy is obviously important to keep your body functioning properly and have no health issues. However, with Ben&Jerry's, Nutella and other delicious and unhealthy foods out there it's surprisingly easy to loose all the willpower and cave in. 
I am no food expert and I definitely don't have a 100% 'clean' diet, not even close. But I do try to eat somewhat healthy and avoid eating cereal as breakfast, lunch and dinner. I've got a few healthy foods that I really like and make this 'trying not to eat rubbish' thingy much easier. 

BERRIES. I absolutely love berries, all kind of berries, any berries. During winter I usually restrain myself from buying then as they tend to be way overpriced but now that they are getting cheaper I can't get enough. They are packed with antioxidants, fibre and loads of vitamins. I love to add them to  my oatmeal, yoghurt or just eating them plain.
SWEET POTATOES. Such a classic, who hasn't at least heard of sweet potato fries? Everyone is obsessing over them and they have all the right to do so. It's basically a healthier and yummier version of regular potatoes. Pretty cool, right?

ALMOND BUTTER. Everyone is all about peanut butter but I am not a big fan of it, I much rather have almond butter. It literally tastes like nougat but it's healthy -it's packed with protein and healthy fats- as long as you eat it with moderation and don't go overboard. 
OATS. Oatmeal, porridge... it doesn't matter what you call it, if you do it the right way it tastes delicious. I like to add almond milk, cinnamon, a bit of honey and berries. Sometimes I'll add cocoa powder, it literally tastes like cake. 
BROCCOLI. Broccoli is the cutest vegetable, who doesn't want to eat little trees? Don't lie to yourself, you want to. It is perfect as a side or to add to your pasta. 
What's you're favourite healthy food?

post signature
SHARE:
© RAWR BOWS.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig