Monday, 20 July 2015

ZUCCHINI AND OATS COOKIES

Yes, this is another cooking post. I've had a lot of free time recently and what a better way to spend my time than baking batches of yumminess. I've seen a lot of people using zucchini to make cookies or cakes and I really like zucchini so I was really intrigued to see how it would taste like in a dessert. Answer: it tastes freaking delicious. I googled some recipes and then came up with my own one so if you want to learn how to make these delicious (and healthy-ish) cookies, keep reading! 
zucchini cookies
zucchini and oats cookies
IMG_2305

INGREDIENTS

1 cup of wholemeal flour
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1 sachet (8g) of vanilla sugar
A pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1 cup of oats
3tbsp og chia seeds
1 grated medium zucchini (about 2 cups)
3 tsp of vanilla extract
Raisins/chocolate chips

INSTRUCTIONS

In a bowl, mix the flour, the cinnamon, the salt and the baking powder. In a separate bowl, mix the egg with the maple syrup and the vanilla extract. Then add the grated zucchini to the liquid mixture until it's all well mixed. Slowly add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and mix. Finally, add in the oats, chia seeds and as many raisins as you want or chocolate chips. Bake them at 180˚C for about 20min or until the edges are brown. I added some vanilla icing to a few of them to make them sweeter but they are sweet enough to eat without any icing, so it's up to you! The icing I used is the Betty Crocker Vanilla Icing which is delicious! 

post signature
SHARE:
© RAWR BOWS.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig