Thursday, 19 May 2016

CASTLE FINALE: MY THOUGHTS



You know what’s even worse than watching the very last episode of one of your favourite TV shows? Watching it without knowing it’s the very last one, and only finding out after you've watched it - you don't want to experience that, trust me. A few days ago the last episode of Castle aired and to say it was a rollercoaster of emotions is an understatement.

Let me start off by saying that I much prefer the ‘normal’ episodes, where there is just a  'normal' murder and they spend the whole 40min trying to figure out who the killer is. I don’t really like it when they complicate the plot and bring in people like 3XK or Loksat. I’m not 100% sure why that is but I think it’s because usually when people like this are introduced in the series, bad things happen to both Beckett and Castle. Nevertheless, I oddly enjoyed the episode… until I watched the last 10 minutes which almost give me a heart attack.

*IF YOU DON’T WANT SPOILERS, STOP READING NOW*

So the episode starts, as per usual, with a murder. However, it is soon found that Loksat is involved. I’m not going to explain the whole episode, as many of you have probably watched it or will watch it. The important bit is that, when Castle is told to wait in a safe room until they’ve caught the killer aka Loksat's right hand man (and so is Beckett), he ignores the orders and leaves the room, resulting in him getting kidnapped (surprise) by Loksat. Beckett also breaks her promise of staying in the Precinct, and is tricked into meeting with a man who is meant to help her - who turns out to be Loksat himself. Long story short they’re almost killed but make it out alive thanks to Beckett being a badass cop and Castle being brilliant as always.


Just when my heart attack risk had been lowered and I was watching what seemed to be a happy ending, I knew something bad was going to happen. It was a mixture of the music, the way the scene was shot and I guess instinct after watching 8 seasons of Castle. Turns out I was right and without even giving me time to react, Castle got shot and a bit after, when Kate goes to help him, she gets shot as well. And basically everyone in the room collapses to the floor (including me). That’s when tears started forming in my eyes because I thought they were BOTH dead. And I obviously couldn’t deal with it. Moments later, we see a clip from the future where they’re both happily alive, together and with cute children. 


Now, the ending was really cute and heart warming. Definitely the kind of ending I would have hoped for. However, it felt too rushed. I feel like there should have been at least one more episode to give a sense of closure or maybe a longer episode, which many TV shows do when it’s a season finale. But considering that it was only announced last week that there wouldn’t be a 9th season, I guess that’s the best they could do. All in all, I enjoyed the episode and got the happy ending I wanted, which is much better than the alternative ending -where Beckett dies- that we would have had if the show had been renewed for a 9th season. 


Did you watch the finale? What did you think?


post signature
SHARE:
© RAWR BOWS.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig