Saturday, 9 July 2016

PERFECT SUMMER WEEKEND


Weekends are always great, two little days of joy after a long and stressful week. What can make weekends even better is summer. Nice temperatures, no clouds on the sky together with some free time and friends are the ingredients for a lovely and fun weekend. Living in a big city means that there is an endless variety of fun activities for me to choose from. However, there is one thing I personally love to do on weekends to relax and charge up my batteries for the following week: a picnic at the park. If there is one thing London isn't lacking of, it's parks. From the famous and massive Hyde Park, to trendier ones like Primrose Hill.

On a perfect Saturday, I would wake up and get ready whilst watching some of my favourite TV shows like Pretty Little Liars or The Bachelorette. After that, I would meet with my friends and either go to my favourite park - Richmond Park - or be adventurous and explore a new one. I would pack a cute rug - like the ones you always see in movies - in a rustic looking picnic basket. My favourite store to get all my picnic supplies is lovepicnics.co.uk*. I would of course also pack our favourite snacks, including strawberries, blueberries, marshmallows and watermelon. 

Regarding the best picnic spots in London, my personal favourites are Highgate Wood, Richmond Parks (as I previously mentioned), Hyde Park unless it's mega busy and Kew Gardens. But, being honest with you, most of the parks I've visited in London are spectacular and would make the perfect place for a Saturday picnic. 

Some other spots I personally like for picnics are rooftops -a more modern take on this classical activity. If you're lucky enough to live in a house/flat with a rooftop, you don't even have to leave your house to spend some quality time with friends and family. There are also some cool pop up places in very breathtaking locations in London, like Oxford Street or The City. The good thing about this new thing called roofting is the lack of bugs/mosquitoes and the spectacular views you get.

Regardless of the location you choose, I cannot recommend lovepicnics.co.uk enough. They don’t only have the best quality products but they also have a budget option if you don’t feel like splashing out - in which case I totally feel you, wish money grew on trees. They also have picnic backpacks that come in very handy when there is a small hike before reaching the destination, which is the case for some of the best spots!

post signature
SHARE:
© RAWR BOWS.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig