Saturday, 13 August 2016

BEST & WORST HYPED UP PRODUCTS


I’ll be the first one to admit I use to be a sucker for hyped up products. I would watch 10 videos of 10 different youtubers talking about a lipstick and I would die to get it, they loved it so much I HAD to have it. A few impulse buys and too much money later, I realised that many hyped up products are just pretty or by a renowned brand, but the product itself is not that great at all. 

However, some go these hyped up products are pretty amazing and I am glad I decided to try them out as I’m still using them a few years later. 

Today I’ll share with you some of those products, the ones I regretted buying almost instantly and the ones I fell in love with.

THE WORST

RIMMEL BABY LIPS

Who remembers when Baby Lips was all the rage on YouTube and people would literally  have them in every single colour/flavour. I ended up getting three different ones, all of which I gave to my sister after a while because I hated them. They are not moisturising at all and even though it does give a nice touch of colour, it’s not long-lasting whatsoever. So all in all, not a very great product.

BENEFIT PUSH UP LINER

I got it as a present with my They’Re Real Mascara and even though I did use it all, I would never buy it. It’s meant to be very easy to use but I personally found it much harder than a normal liquid liner. Also, it was ridiculously hard to remove unless you used Benefit’s make up remover which is way overpriced and I wasn’t willing to spend the money on it. Once it was on, it did look great but not much better than my regular liquid liners.

EOS LIP BALM

This is not a terrible product and I do use it almost everyday but I don’t think it’s as great as a I was expecting it to be, based on all the wonderful review I had read/heard. I have to say they do smell pretty good and the packaging is so cute, but in terms of how moisturising it is I would say it’s just average.


THE BEST

RIMMEL STAY MATTE POWDER

Who remembers when literally every single Youtuber was raving about this? I do, and this is why I decided to get it… over four years ago. Now, I still use it every single time I do my make up and it does its job to perfection - no caking an it feels light on the skin. I cannot recommend it enough and  I don’t even know how many of them I’ve been through.

BENEFIT THEY’RE REAL MASCARA

It took me a while to get this one as I was a bit skeptical and the price didn’t exactly help. At £23 per tube, it’s rather pricey for a mascara but it’s 100% worth it. If you’re anything like me na have rater short eyelashes, this is your product. It lengthens them and makes them a bit thicker but it doesn’t clump them, which is great. It also stays on forever unless you use make up remover and even then it’s not an easy job, which is the only downside of this product.

URBAN DECAY NAKED PALETTES

About a year ago I got my first ever Naked Palette and, despite it’s not so cheap price tag, it’s the product I use the most. I use it to highlight my brow bone, to fill in my eyebrows, as an eyeliner and as normal eyeshadow. So, the price is definitely worth it and you get what you pay for! 


post signature
SHARE:
© RAWR BOWS.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig