Thursday, 22 December 2016

HOW TO GET SHIT DONE DURING THE HOLIDAYS



With Christmas and NYE (and my birthday...) around the corner, it is easier than usual to be a slacker and ignore all the work piling up on your desk. Most people, whether you are a student or have a full-time job, are likely to have something else to do during the festive period apart from eating highly caloric foods and spending times with your loved ones.

I myself have finals right after my Christmas break, and to make it even worse it's the only final I have in the WHOLE year... so guess who has no room for mistakes. Yes, me. Therefore, I need to get my life together and prioritise studying over some social events. It's not fun but there are some ways to make this slightly easier.


START YOUR DAY EARLY

Most people make planes later in the day, no one goes for brunch at 8AM or has a coffee date at 9AM. So by waking up earlier you'll give yourself more time to get things done and finish earlier so that you can go out with your friends or family. What I always try to do is to make plans always after 6PM because I know that by that time my brain has given up so I won't be revising. 

AVOID DISTRACTIONS

It's all about being productive, the less time you waster the more time you'll have to do fun things. So instead of watching three episodes of the Kardashians turn off your TV and revise, reply to e-mails or do whatever you have to do. Be productive. 

HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE

Whilst you shouldn't be out and about 24/7 if you have work to do, you shouldn't be working or studying 24/7 either. Being burn out is frustrating and not nice so avoid it by having some down time and do take a few days off!


MAKE WORK/REVISION FUN

Try to make whatever you're doing entertaining and interesting to you, this way it will be less dreadful. Whether it is by listening to some music, by indulging on some hot chocolate whilst working or by finding a genuine interest in your work. It will make thinks SO MUCH easier.


REALISE THAT YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE

I find that it always helps to talk to my friends who are also revising. As bad as it sounds, knowing that there are other people who can't take two weeks off and are also at home revising like there's no tomorrow makes me feel somewhat better. 

PLAN AHEAD

I can't do spontaneous plans, not during the holidays. I have a lot of work to do and I need to organise myself so that I know that this day I have to finish at this time because I'm meeting X for dinner. By knowing what I'll be doing that day I can make sure I wake up early enough or take a shorter lunch break to get everything done.



post signature
SHARE:
© RAWR BOWS.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig