Early twenties are a bit of a weird phase, we are meant to be adults but most of us feel more like children. In spite of moving out of my parents' house a few years ago and living in a whole different country away from all my family, I rarely ever feel like a grown up; let alone an adult who has their shit together.
These past couple of months, however, I feel like I have grown up a lot. I have realised that sometimes when I do certain things I stop for a second and congratulate myself for giving off the impression of knowing what I am doing.
"Congrats, you don't behave like a teenager anymore"
It's little mundane actions that I have started doing, things that I would imagine all these successful badass businesswomen doing. Here are ten of them.
- Willingly waking up before 7am
- Actually using my planner every day
- Using mouthwash, daily
- Doing laundry every weekend and separating whites and colours
- Having a skincare routine and following it
- Buying real food and vegetables instead of ready meals or take out
- Keeping track of my finances
- Remembering to pay bills
- Meeting friends for a coffee
- Having a go-to smoothie recipe
- Bonus one: Having a Starbucks gold card, because every self-respected women definitely has one...